Kove Thai is our team’s video editor, filming assistant and often photographer for the School of SweetGeorgia courses. We are so grateful for their help, as they have a keen eye for detail, ensuring we keep a clean shot for our course videos. Their editing is also a joy to watch as we review the lessons before sharing with our members.

Multicraftual Maker Always Trying New Things!
Kove has worked with several Vancouver-based creative, cultural and educational non-profits. Before SweetGeorgia, they co-founded Bảo Vệ Collective, a group that empowered youth to help Vietnamese-Canadians navigate language barriers during the COVID-19 lockdowns. All the screen time dedicated to that project led Kove to pick up a tactile hobby – knitting!

A Quick Q&A with Kove
What’s your role at SweetGeorgia?
- I’m the video editor for the School of SweetGeorgia. I used to be on our production team, twisting and packaging Party of Fives. I dyed yarn for a few years after that.
What fibre arts did you enjoy before joining us?
- Sewing, upcycling and alterations, mainly with used clothing and fabric. During the lockdowns, I fell into the Harry Styles x J.W. Anderson cardigan rabbit hole. The obsession took hold once I realized that swatches could become wearable. Of course, once you’re comfortable with knitting or crocheting, I feel like it’s inevitable that you try your hand at the other, and so it goes!
Which fibre arts do you do now that you are here?
- SweetGeorgia gave me the opportunity to try natural dyeing, wheel and spindle spinning, and I’ve passed the shuttle back and forth on a rigid heddle and inkle loom, haha! What stuck was knit/crochet and needle felting, but I want a table loom for future projects. I’m also working on my mending and sashiko skills.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?
- Capturing moments from my walks, travels or just around the house in various forms (photos/video/illustration/writing). Watching old movies. Creating playlists that tickle my brain. Reading. This summer I’ve been playing with paint and pencils again, and I’m itching to get back on a kayak!
Are there any tools, equipment, or accessories you’d recommend?
- I love anything that keeps us moving, so if it’s accessible to you, I’d recommend a walking pad or rebounder to use between rows or even as you knit or crochet. Many can be found on the used market. The metal, ergonomic KnitPro Nova Cubics help me (a tight knitter) loosen up and knit faster.
Which is your favourite fibre or yarn?
- Our silk yarns were some of the most inspiring to me as a dyer. SweetGeorgia Mohair Silk Sock has a wonderful squishy-softness and soaks up the dye without losing brightness or variation.
Fun fact:
- When I feel overwhelmed or tired, I do variations of Wim Hof breathing (sometimes on an acupressure mat).

Places to Find Kove Thai
- Behind the lens of many of our School of SweetGeorgia videos!
Thank you, Kove. We are thankful for your great eye for beauty, filming, photographing and editing the videos for the school. We love being surrounded by your positive energy and for being so authentic always.

The post SweetGeorgia Team Spotlight: Kove Thai appeared first on SweetGeorgia Yarns.
